What makes this award so nice it is that there is no judging, it is just one blogger to another blogger telling them I like what you do and I want to know more about you! It has very few basic rules, here they are:
1) Provide 11 random pieces of information about myself,
2) Answer 11 questions posed by the person that nominated me;
3) And nominate 11 other blogs and pose their own questions. There are a few rules on who can be nominated, but as I am breaking some of them I just decided to skip that part ;)
So 11 things about myself:
- I am an Argentinian, living in Luxembourg, married to an Englishman (that's pretty random isn't it?);
- I love ice cream... love it can't live without it;
- My favourite fruit is watermelon;
- I miss my grandmother Maria every day of my life, she was the sweetest, caring woman I have ever met;
- I have an amazing family, and we stick together like glue... have you ever seen two 20 something year old (and me in my 30s) enjoying going shopping with their mum and dad? well you should see when we all go to the shopping mall together...
- And I have a lovely husband who spoils me so much and I love him tons!
- I have lived in the second smallest country in the world... yes Monaco for a whole year and got to see the grand prix from my balcony... that was really cool!
- I am really bad with plants, have you seen someone killing a plant in 2 days? well that's me... though I managed to get one of my orchids to flower three times (that's a first).
- I am very girly (not to say childish) and every now and again I am still drawn to buying hello kitty or Disney Princess stuff...
- I have a care bear sweatshirt, that I use... sometimes even out!
- Why did you start blogging? (being 100% honest here!) To have some other people, rather than my husband, to talk crafting with... I realised it was too much to expect husband to listen to all that stuff after he asked me "Did you sew that with a 1/4 inch seam?"
- Who taught you to sew? My grandmother, I would watch her for ages... she would let me sit at her feet and push the pedal on her Singer (yes she still had a pedal one in the early 80s).
- What is the one thing you have made that you are most proud of? My first charity quilt, and I know it went to a lovely little girl that treasures it!
- What inspires you? Anything and everything... Generally stuff I see in shops and magazines, but I was recently surprised with my trip to Pompeii in Italy and being inspired by Roman mosaics.
- Do you have any UFOs and how did it happen? I don't really know how that happen? Could it be that I get too tired too quickly and leave stuff half-way??? or that there's always something new and exiting to sew?? (I have lots, seems like I collect UFOs)
- What is your next project going to be? Maybe finish a UFO?
- Where is the farthest place from home that you have travelled? I am very lucky to have been many places, I think the farthest, or more adventurous trip, was my move from Buenos Aires to London in 2007. It was my first visit to Europe, the UK or London for that matter... and I was moving in!
- What is your favourite foot on your sewing machine? All purpose.
- What kind of sewing machine do you have and how many? I have one, without counting my grandmother's Singer that I am planning on being gifted by my mother some day... (hint hint) I have a very basic Singer machine (I could not do with buying any other brand... yes I am a bit obsessed with anything that could be linked or remind me of my grandmother).
- What is your favourite food? Ice cream, watermelon and macaroons.
- What would we be surprised to find in your closet? Oh many things... you will never find patterned trousers, very high heels or feathers!
Jamie @ busy bee quilts
Melissa @ Issa.ino: Handmade
ChrissieD @ Made by ChrissieD
Jeanette @ Stamp, stitch, create
And I want to do a especial mention to Yzo @ Chez Ro who has already been nominated but I really like her blog.
- What is your most bought craft item?
- If you looked at your fabric stash now, which colour do you have more fabric of?
- Which is your favourite place to work on your craft?
- Do you rather iron or clean?
- If you had a magic wand, what would you fix?
- How many countries have you visited? Do you count or you had to think hard at this question?
- Apart from crafting, what is your favourite thing to do?
- What is your favourite flower?
- What is the most striking, funny item in your wardrobe?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- Who is your favourite person ever?
Wow, writing this post has been a really fun thing! Hope you have enjoyed it as well! And now off crafting to keep up!